After a 4-years hiatus, a Kazakh club could be back in Russian Second League Read more»
Did you find any incorrect or incomplete information? Please, let us know.
|03 Feb 2023 |||Juho Olkinuora (G)||Grand Rapids Griffins||Brynäs IF|
|03 Feb 2023 |||John Quenneville (F)||Leksands IF||Belleville Senators|
|01 Feb 2023 |||Juho Olkinuora (G)||Grand Rapids Griffins||unknown|
|27 Jan 2023 |||Filip Engarås (F)||Bakersfield Condors||Utica Comets|
|1.||Anton Levtchi||LW||Charlotte Checkers||35||8||9||17||6||-10|
|2.||Aatu Räty||C||Bridgeport Islanders||27||7||8||15||12||3|
|3.||Ty Ronning||RW||Iowa Wild||30||8||5||13||8||-13|
|4.||Kyle Criscuolo||C||San Jose Barracuda||28||5||5||10||17||-13|
|5.||Joseph Cramarossa||C||Iowa Wild||18||4||5||9||47||-3|
|6.||Martin Kaut||RW||Colorado Eagles||10||5||3||8||0||-1|
|7.||Jasper Weatherby||F||Grand Rapids Griffins||39||3||3||6||39||-7|
|8.||Ville Heinola||D||Manitoba Moose||9||0||4||4||8||8|
|9.||Robert Hamilton||D||Colorado Eagles||12||0||3||3||2||4|
|10.||Riley Sheahan||C||Rochester Americans||6||0||3||3||2||3|
- 2021-2022: Chicago Wolves
- 2018-2019: Charlotte Checkers
- 2017-2018: Toronto Marlies
- 2016-2017: Grand Rapids Griffins
- 2015-2016: Lake Erie Monsters
- 2014-2015: Manchester Monarchs
- 2013-2014: Texas Stars
- 2012-2013: Grand Rapids Griffins
- 2011-2012: Norfolk Admirals AHL
- 2010-2011: Binghamton Senators
- 2009-2010: Hershey Bears
- 2008-2009: Hershey Bears
- 2007-2008: Chicago Wolves
- 2006-2007: Hamilton Bulldogs AHL
- 2005-2006: Hershey Bears
- 2004-2005: Philadelphia Phantoms
- 2003-2004: Milwaukee Admirals
- 2002-2003: Houston Aeros
- 2001-2002: Chicago Wolves
- 2000-2001: Saint John Flames
- 1999-2000: Hartford Wolf Pack
- 1998-1999: Providence Bruins
- 1997-1998: Philadelphia Phantoms
- 1996-1997: Hershey Bears
- 1995-1996: Rochester Americans
- 1994-1995: Albany River Rats
- 1993-1994: Portland Pirates
- 1992-1993: Cape Breton Oilers
- 1991-1992: Adirondack Red Wings
- 1990-1991: Springfield Indians
- 1989-1990: Springfield Indians
- 1988-1989: Adirondack Red Wings
- 1987-1988: Hershey Bears
- 1986-1987: Rochester Americans
- 1985-1986: Adirondack Red Wings
- 1984-1985: Sherbrooke Canadiens
- 1983-1984: Maine Mariners (AHL)
- 1982-1983: Rochester Americans
- 1981-1982: New Brunswick Hawks
- 1980-1981: Adirondack Red Wings
- 1979-1980: Hershey Bears
- 1978-1979: Maine Mariners (AHL)
- 1977-1978: Maine Mariners (AHL)
- 1976-1977: Nova Scotia Voyageurs
- 1975-1976: Nova Scotia Voyageurs
- 1974-1975: Springfield Indians
- 1973-1974: Hershey Bears
- 1972-1973: Cincinnati Swords (1971-1974)
- 1971-1972: Nova Scotia Voyageurs
- 1970-1971: Springfield Kings
- 1969-1970: Buffalo Bisons
- 1968-1969: Hershey Bears
- 1967-1968: Rochester Americans
- 1966-1967: Pittsburgh Hornets
- 1965-1966: Rochester Americans
- 1964-1965: Rochester Americans
- 1963-1964: Cleveland Barons
- 1962-1963: Buffalo Bisons
- 1961-1962: Springfield Indians
- 1960-1961: Springfield Indians
- 1959-1960: Springfield Indians
- 1958-1959: Hershey Bears
- 1957-1958: Hershey Bears
- 1956-1957: Cleveland Barons
- 1955-1956: Providence Reds
- 1954-1955: Pittsburgh Hornets
- 1953-1954: Cleveland Barons
- 1952-1953: Cleveland Barons
- 1951-1952: Pittsburgh Hornets
- 1950-1951: Cleveland Barons
- 1949-1950: Indianapolis Capitals
- 1948-1949: Providence Reds
- 1947-1948: Cleveland Barons
- 1946-1947: Hershey Bears
- 1945-1946: Buffalo Bisons
- 1944-1945: Cleveland Barons
- 1943-1944: Buffalo Bisons
- 1942-1943: Buffalo Bisons
- 1941-1942: Indianapolis Capitals
- 1940-1941: Cleveland Barons
- 1939-1940: Providence Reds
- 1938-1939: Cleveland Barons
- 1937-1938: Providence Reds
- 1936-1937: Rochester Jr. Americans
AHL to start February 5
A statement from thePresident and Chief Executive Officer of the AHL, Scott Howson: "The American Hockey League Board of Governors has approved the structural framework for an AHL season that will begin on February 5, 2021."
"Details are still being worked out, but this step allows our teams and their National Hockey League partners to better determine their plans for the coming season. We look forward to dropping the puck on Feb. 5."(30 Dec 2020)
AHL releases players to go to Pyeongchang
Unlike the NHL, American Hockey League announced players with a contract in the league will be eligible to play in the 2018 Winter Olympics even if the schedule does not have an Olympic break.
Players could only be loaned for Olympic participation from February 5-26.
"I would guess we're going to lose a fair number of players," said AHL CEO David Andrews "Not just to Canada and the U.S., but we're going to lose some players to other teams, as well. But we're used to that. Every team in our league has usually got two or three guys who are on recalls to the NHL, so it's not going to really change our competitive integrity or anything else."
Tucson welcomes the Roadrunners
The Arizona Coyotes announced that the Club's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate will be called the Tucson Roadrunners. The team's name and logo were revealed by Coyotes' President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc at an open house event at the Tucson Convention Center.
"We are very proud to name our AHL affiliate the Tucson Roadrunners," said LeBlanc. "The Tucson Roadrunners will build on the great traditions of hockey in Arizona dating back to 1967. Roadrunners was the overwhelming fan favorite during our ‘Name the Team' contest, and we thank the thousands of fans who helped us select a great name that creates a strong connection to the City of Tucson, reflects our state pride, and extends the reach of the Coyotes brand."
Lake Erie wins Calder Cup
Denmark's Oliver Bjorkstrand scored the only goal when Lake Erie Monsters beat Hershey Bears 1-0 in game four of the AHL finals. As Lake Erie had also won the first three games only four was needed to win the championship.
The Swedish goalie Anton Forsberg guarded the Lake Erie net in all four final games and made 23 saves for the shutout in game four. Other Europeans in the championship team are Dean Kukan (SUI), Daniel Zaar (SWE), Lukas Sedlak (CZE), Markus Hännikäinen (FIN) and Joonas Korpisalo (FIN).(12 Jun 2016)
Kempe and Nylander to play WJC
Both have had a great AHL season so far. Nylander leads the league in scoring with 10 goals and 14 assists in 19 games while Kempe has collected 13 points in 17 games.(04 Dec 2015)
Texas Stars win Calder Cup
Patrik Nemeth scored the winning goal at 74:30.
Travis Morin was named playoffs MVP.(18 Jun 2014)
Rochester Americans and Barys Astana at Spengler Cup 2013
For the second time the AHL's Rochester Americans have accepted an invitation to participate in the Spengler Cup tournament
The Rochester Americans also competed in the 1996 event, finishing third. They remain the only professional hockey club from North America ever to take part in the tournament.
"The Rochester Americans are extremely honored to have been selected to play in the 2013 Spengler Cup and represent the American Hockey League," said Americans President Ted Black. "This is a truly unique opportunity that will provide an incredibly valuable experience for our players. In addition, the chance for the Amerks to participate in the Spengler Cup for the second time will add another chapter to the great history of this storied franchise."
In addition, Kazakh media announces KHL's Barys Astana will compete in spengler Cup for the first time(17 May 2013)
Bloomington, Peoria join SPHL for 2013-2014 Season
The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) announced its Board of Governors has unanimously approved the Bloomington Blaze and Peoria Rivermen to join the league for the 2013-2014 season.
"We are excited to welcome Bloomington and Peoria into the league," added SPHL President Jim Combs. "The addition of two teams in the Midwest opens up a new range of opportunities for the SPHL."
The Rivermen were purchased at the end of March by the Vancouver Canucks, who intend to move the franchise to Abbotsford, B.C. and last week confirmed with Peoria Civic Center officials that they will not bring back the Rivermen franchise.(17 May 2013)
Detroit Red Wings prospect is arrested for drunk driving
20-year-old Detroit Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan was arrested October 29 in Grand Rapids and charged with driving with a high blood-alcohol level content, above .17, and giving false information.
The amount of alcohol in his blood is more than two times higher than the rate and Sheahan can get up to 180 days in prison.
At the trial, which took place on November 6, hockey player pleaded not guilty. The forward, who was chosen by Detroit in the first-round draft pick in 2010, was arrested for public intoxication during his freshman season at Notre Dame in 2010.
"I'm aware that Riley was charged with a DUI," Detroit general manager Ken Holland said. "We're handling it internally. He sat out a game. We've talked to him. We're aware of what's happened."
Reading Royals become Capitals and Bears affiliate
The Reading Royals of the ECHL, the Washington Capitals of the National Hockey League and the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League jointly announced that they have entered into an exclusive affiliation arrangement, under which the Royals will receive players designated for assignment within the professional hockey operations development systems of the Capitals and Bears
"We are very pleased to announce our new ECHL affiliation with the Reading Royals," said Capitals' General Manager George McPhee. "The Royals are a first-class organization where our prospects will be playing in an environment that will help them develop to their ultimate potential. We feel the proximity to both Washington and our AHL affiliate in Hershey will be beneficial to all three clubs."
- Youngest player: Brad Lambert (19 years)
- Oldest player: Jason Garrison (38 years)
- Shortest player: Cory Conacher (173 cm)
- Tallest player: Henrik Tikkanen (203 cm)
- Nationalities: Belarus (2), Canada (39), China (1), Czechia (11), Finland (23), France (1), Great Britain (1), Germany (2), Latvia (2), Norway (1), Russia (13), Slovakia (2), Sweden (27), USA (19)
The 5th season of Ice Hockey Championship was played at Altit Fort, Hunza in -15 C temperature. SCO male team won the Championship against defending champions team of Serena Hotels. ... Read more»