After 40 minutes with no edge, home team tame Estonia in the third period Read more»
World Championship d2B
- League status: Active
- Administered by: IIHF
- Year of start: 2011
- WWW: http://www.iihf.com/
Did you find any incorrect or incomplete information? Please, let us know.
|2.||Jacob Ratcliffe||F||New Zealand||5||6||4||10||4||4|
|7.||Chol Min Ri||F||North Korea||5||3||4||7||2||-4|
The teams play a single round-robin series. Each team plays each opponent once.
The winner of the event will be promoted to Division II Group A. The last-ranked team will be relegated to Division III.
Until 2011 Division 2B was at the same level as 2A.
Brad Vigon new coach of Australia
Australian Federation announced the appointment of Brad Vigon as new national team headcoach, replacing Ryan O'Handley, in charge since 2014, who recently resigned also as Adelaide Adrenaline headcoach to become Vice President and Director of Hockey Operations of the club. Vigon, 46, native of Santa Monica, California, coached Melbourne Mustangs since 2012, winning a title in 2013-2014. He already had an experience on national team bench in 2013, when was assistant coach at World Championship Division IIa.
Matti Luoma was named assistant coach. The duo will lead Australia, relegated last season, at World Championship Diviion IIb at Mexico City next April
|10 Apr 2017||New Zealand - North Korea||8-1|
|10 Apr 2017||China - Mexico||4-3|
|10 Apr 2017||Israel - Turkey||5-0|
- Youngest player: Mingwei Ren (17 years)
- Oldest player: Chol Min Ri (36 years)
- Shortest player: Ömer Kars (158 cm)
- Tallest player: Evgeny Kozhevnikov (195 cm)
- Nationalities: China (22), Estonia (1), Germany (2), Israel (17), Mexico (20), New Zealand (21), North Korea (20), Russia (1), Turkey (22)
- Highest win: North Korea - Turkey
- Season average attendance: 216