After 40 minutes with no edge, home team tame Estonia in the third period Read more»
- League status: Active
- Youth league: yes, U18
- Administered by: IIHF
- WWW: http://www.iihf.com/
Did you find any incorrect or incomplete information? Please, let us know.
The teams play a single round-robin series. Each team plays each opponent once.
The winner of the event will be promoted to Division I Group A. The last-ranked team will be relegated to Division II Group A.
Until 2011 Division 1B was at the same level as 1A.
Bled will host both U18 I division WC
The city of Bled, Slovenia, already chosen by the federation to host U18 Division I Group B World Championship next April, will organize also the Division I Group A since no-one of the six participating nations submitted an application to host the tournament.
So entire Division I will be played in the same venue: from 07 to 13 April Denmark, Germany, Kazakhstan, France, Norway and Hungary for Group A and from 15 to 21 April 2017 Austria, Japan, Ukraine, Slovenia, Italy and Poland for Group B(05 Aug 2016)
|21 Apr 2017||Austria - Japan||3-2 OT|
|21 Apr 2017||Ukraine - Slovenia||3-4|
|21 Apr 2017||Italy - Poland||5-3|
- Youngest player: Marco Rossi (15 years)
- Oldest player: Pawel Oblonski (18 years)
- Shortest player: Kamil Klocek (161 cm)
- Tallest player: David Pfostl (194 cm)
- Nationalities: Austria (22), Italy (22), Japan (22), Poland (22), Slovenia (22), Ukraine (22)
- Highest win: Slovenia - Japan
- Season average attendance: 236
Former ECHL player Likit Neimwan-Andersson spoke to Steven Ellis from Euro Hockey to talk about the Asian Winter Games and the hope of future success for Thailand at the ice hockey level. ... Read more»