Ben O'Connor leaves Sheffield for Bayrs Astana of the KHL. Read more»
- League status: Active
- Youth league: yes, U18
- Administered by: IIHF
- WWW: http://www.iihf.com/
Did you find any incorrect or incomplete information? Please, let us know.
The teams play a single round-robin series. Each team plays each opponent once.
The winner of the event will be promoted to Division I Group A. The last-ranked team will be relegated to Division II Group A.
Until 2011 Division 1B was at the same level as 1A.
Bled will host both U18 I division WC
The city of Bled, Slovenia, already chosen by the federation to host U18 Division I Group B World Championship next April, will organize also the Division I Group A since no-one of the six participating nations submitted an application to host the tournament.
So entire Division I will be played in the same venue: from 07 to 13 April Denmark, Germany, Kazakhstan, France, Norway and Hungary for Group A and from 15 to 21 April 2017 Austria, Japan, Ukraine, Slovenia, Italy and Poland for Group B(05 Aug 2016)
|20 Apr 2018||Ukraine - Romania||6-0|
|20 Apr 2018||Hungary - Austria||0-4|
|20 Apr 2018||Japan - Italy||3-2 OT|
- Youngest player: Stanislav Sadovikov (15 years)
- Oldest player: Peter Sivec (18 years)
- Shortest player: Tamas Gajdo (158 cm)
- Tallest player: Mikhail Vasilyev (193 cm)
- Nationalities: Austria (22), Hungary (22), Italy (22), Japan (22), Romania (22), Ukraine (22)
- Highest win: Romania - Italy
- Season average attendance: 2211
For the second time in tournament history, Sweden has won back-to-back World Championships thanks to a 3-2 victory in a thrilling contest against Switzerland in the shootout on Sunday in Denmark. ... Read more»