Former Great Britain star Tony Hand has been inducted into the IIHF Hall of Fame. The 49-year-old will receive the Richard ‘Bibi’ Torriani Award – for an outstanding career by a player from a non-top hockey nation – as part of the ... Read more»
National team games
- League status: Active
- WWW: http://eihcsite.stats.pointstreak.com/
Did you find any incorrect or incomplete information? Please, let us know.
|25 May 2015 |||Jan Prochazka (C)||Czech Republic||HC Mulhouse|
|15 May 2015 |||Peter Oremus (C)||Slovakia||HC Kosice|
GROUP: EIHC Hungary, November 3-6
GROUP: EIHC Slovenia, November 3-5
GROUP: Deutschland Cup, November 4-6
GROUP: Baltic Challenge in Tallinn, November 4-6
Latvia played with the "B-team"
GROUP: EIHC Poland, December 15-17
- Canada Beats Germany but Slovakia Wins Deutschland Cup (06 Nov 2016)
- Slovakia With Deutschland Cup Advantage (05 Nov 2016)
- Canada Shuts Out Switzerland in Deutschland Cup Opener (04 Nov 2016)
- North America Shuts Out Europe in World Cup Tuneup Game (09 Sep 2016)
- Deutschland Cup, Day Three: some upsets and a great outcome (09 Nov 2015)
World Championship preparation
The World Championship in Russia starts in three days. Four pre-tournament games were played today. Canada beat Czech Republic 3-0 and Kazakhstan beat France 6-3. Finland-USA (3-2) and Switzerland - Germany (4-3) were both decided in overtime.(03 May 2016)
Austria defeats Italy in final World Championship test
Stefan Geier's hattrick led Austria to a 3:2-win in an exhibtion game over Italy. Austria had a strong start, gaining a 2:0 lead in the intitial frame. The Italians though got better in the second and third period, coming close to the tying goal. Goals by Luca Frigo and Alexander Egger, showcasing his skill with an amazing backhand goal, scored for the 'azzurri'. In net Starkbaum and Bernard played a solid game, but the game was highlighted by the national team debut of 35-year-old Frederic Cloutier between the Italian pipes in the second half of the game.(20 Apr 2016)
Czechs beat Germany(06 Apr 2016)
Fredrik Pettersson and Linus Klasen declined national team call
Fredrik Pettersson and Linus Klasen won't partecipate at Channel One Cup in Sochi with Sweden from 18 to 21 December, despite the call from coach Pär Mårts. Their club HC Lugano asked players to remain in Switzerland to focus on 22-23 December NLA round.
"I'm sad about this situation but I will not force the hand, it is their right to refuse the call" said Mårts at TT Nyhetsbyrån
Hanlon leaves Belarus for Switzerland
Switzerland has signed Glen Hanlon as head coach of the men's national team.
John Fust will be his assistant coach and also head coach of the U20 team.
Both signed two-year contracts.(27 May 2014)
Germany beats Switzerland
Germany defeated Switzerland 2-0 in SAP Arena Mannheim tonight.
Daniel Pietta and Tobias Rieder scored the goals while Robert Zepp in the net made 24 saves.(02 May 2014)
Sweden - Norway interrupted
The men's national team game between Sweden and Norway that was played in Sundsvall tonight was interrupted at the score 1-0 after one period due to bad ice.
After nine minutes of play there was a long break since commercial text was coming up from under the ice. The arena crew tried without success to repair it with water and a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher. The players then had to leave the ice for the locker rooms. After 50 minutes the game could continue, but when the second period was about to start the ice had not frozen, an edge had formed on the ice and there were still problems with the commercials under the ice.
The game was decided in a shoot-out that Sweden won 1-0. Niklas Olausson scored both the winning shot and the only goal in the first period.(25 Apr 2014)
Russia beats France again(20 Dec 2013)
Russia beats France
While the Russian national team is playing the Channel One Cup, the Russian B team is visiting France for two games. The first game was played tonight in Marseille and Russia won it 2-1 on goals by Vasily Tokranov and Maxim Karpov.(19 Dec 2013)
After yesterday's loss to Latvia, the German national team today won 4-0 against the same opponent.
David Wolf scored twice and Daryl Boyle and Matthias Plachta got a goal each in Essen.(18 Dec 2013)
|17 Dec 2016||Switzerland - Belarus||6-1|
|17 Dec 2016||Poland - Kazakhstan||1-2|
|17 Dec 2016||France - Slovakia||1-6|
|17 Dec 2016||Ukraine - South Korea||3-2 OT|
- Youngest player: Liam Kirk (17 years)
- Oldest player: Jim Aldred (53 years)
- Shortest player: Roberts Baranovskis (143 cm)
- Tallest player: Zdeno Chara (205 cm)
- Nationalities: Austria (44), Belarus (48), Canada (68), Czech Republic (23), Denmark (41), Estonia (19), Finland (24), France (46), Great Britain (39), Germany (50), Hungary (27), Italy (31), Kazakhstan (19), South Korea (26), Latvia (42), Lithuania (20), Norway (43), Poland (32), Portugal (20), Russia (25), Slovenia (35), Switzerland (46), Slovakia (46), Sweden (24), Ukraine (22), USA (35)
- Highest win: Slovakia - Belarus
- Season average attendance: 4326