Heavily favoured, the Slovaks maintained there challenge for a play off place when they comprehensively beat Great Britain. Read more»
World Championship d3
Did you find any incorrect or incomplete information? Please, let us know.
|2.||Chun Rim Hong||F||North Korea||6||10||7||17||2||20|
|9.||Chol Min Ri||F||North Korea||6||5||7||12||0||22|
|10.||Thierry Beran Magalhaes||F||Luxembourg||6||5||7||12||4||4|
|6||United Arab Emirates||6||1||0||1||4||14:44||4|
|7||Bosnia and Hercegovina||6||0||0||0||6||3:46||0|
The teams play a single round-robin series. Each team plays each opponent once.
The winner of the event will be promoted to Division II Group B.
- 2018-2019: Bulgaria
- 2017-2018: Georgia
- 2016-2017: Luxembourg
- 2015-2016: Turkey
- 2014-2015: North Korea
- 2013-2014: Bulgaria
- 2012-2013: South Africa
- 2011-2012: Turkey
- 2010-2011: Israel
- 2009-2010: Ireland
- 2009-2010: North Korea
- 2008-2009: New Zealand
- 2007-2008: North Korea
- 2006-2007: New Zealand
- 2005-2006: Iceland
- 2004-2005: Mexico
- 2003-2004: Iceland
- 2002-2003: New Zealand
- Pretorius Garners Best Goalie Award at 2018 IIHF Division III World Championships (27 May 2018)
- WC Div 3Q: Turkmenistan earns promotion to Division III (01 Mar 2018)
- Charl Pretorius makes South African national team for 2016 IIHF World Championships (15 Mar 2016)
- 2015 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship program (02 Jun 2014)
- Bulgaria wins promotion to Division IIB (15 Apr 2014)
Kyrgyzstan forfeited four games at World Championship Qualification in Abu Dhabi
The long awaited debut of Kyrgyzstan at the World Championship has gone from so hot to so not: after winning the first four games against Kuwait, Thailand, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Hong Kong at the Division III Qualification tournament, currently held in Abu Dhabi, the Central Asian team had to play with the UAE for the first place, but all the wins were voided due to an ineligible player: forward Aleksandr Titov, scored 5 goals in the tournament so far, was disqualified resulting in their team forfeiting their first four games(06 Apr 2019)
IHWC Division III without Bosnia
Bosnia and Herzegovina won't travel to Sofia to compete in IHWC Division III, scheduled 10-16 April.
Because of the short notice in communication, tournament format won't change and all Bosnia games will count as forfeited.
The other teams will be divided in two groups with cross-over semi-finals and placement games.
Bulgaria, Chinese Taipei and Hong Kong will play in Group A and Georgia, Luxembourg, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates in Group B.
Georgia is back
Georgia will re-enter the IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship program and play in Division III.(19 Sep 2013)
|12 Apr 2015||Turkey - North Korea||3-4 OT|
|12 Apr 2015||Luxembourg - Hong Kong||5-2|
|12 Apr 2015||United Arab Emirates - Georgia||4-5 SO|
- Youngest player: Huseyin Secer (16 years)
- Oldest player: Gocha Jeiranashvili (45 years)
- Shortest player: Chun Ying Yeung (157 cm)
- Tallest player: Christophe Thiry (192 cm)
- Nationalities: Bosnia and Hercegovina (20), Georgia (20), Hong Kong (20), Luxembourg (20), North Korea (20), Turkey (20), United Arab Emirates (18)
- Highest win: United Arab Emirates - Turkey
- Season average attendance: 379