Tuesday night saw the second leg of the round of 16 decide who will go through to the quarterfinals of this year's Champions Hockey League. As suggested in my pre-match review all the teams that had significant leads in the first round ... Read more»
I Liga Hokejowy
- League status: Active
- English name: Polish 2nd Division
Did you find any incorrect or incomplete information? Please, let us know.
|29 Sep 2018 |||Dmitri Demyanyuk (F)||HK Zagłębie Sosnowiec||Nesta Mires Toruń|
|18 Sep 2018 |||Dmitri Chikida (F)||KTH 1928 Krynica||Kryzhani Vovky Kyiv|
|18 Sep 2018 |||Nikita Shabanov (F)||KTH 1928 Krynica||Kryzhani Vovky Kyiv|
|18 Sep 2018 |||Pavel Taran (D)||HK Zagłębie Sosnowiec||Bilyỹ Bars Bila Tserkva|
- 2017-2018: Nesta Mires Toruń
- 2016-2017: Naprzód Janów
- 2015-2016: MH Automatyka Stoczniowiec 2014
- 2014-2015: HK Zagłębie Sosnowiec
- 2013-2014: Naprzód Janów
- 2012-2013: GKS Katowice
- 2011-2012: Polonia Bytom
- 2010-2011: KS Torun HSA
- 2009-2010: KTH 1928 Krynica
- 2008-2009: TH Unia Oświecim
- 2007-2008: JKH Czarne Jastrzębie
- 2006-2007: Polonia Bytom
- 2005-2006: KTH 1928 Krynica
- 2004-2005: UKS ZSME Zagłębie Sosnowiec
- 2003-2004: Comarch Cracovia
- 2002-2003: Orlik Opole
- 2001-2002: TKH Torun
- 2000-2001: TRH Zagłębie Sosnowiec
- 1999-2000: Polonia Bytom
GKS Katowice and Krynica approved
Polish Federation Commission on Licensing approved - even after the deadline - the applications of GKS Katowice to play in Polska Hokej Liga and Krynica for the 2nd League. Krynica also received a license for women team.(29 Aug 2014)
Poland U20 has new coach
Swedish Torbjörn Johansson, 41, was named new headcoach of Poland U20 national team. After a 265 Elitserien games career, Johansson worked in past seasons as coach in Leksand junior department. He replaced Russian Andrei Parfyonov. Like Pefyonov, also Johansson will coach also U18 national team and the sport school SMS Sosnowiec, competing in polish 2nd division(04 Aug 2014)
Unia Oswiecim signs cooperation agreement
Unia Oswiecim signs a cooperation agreement with 2nd league UKH Debica to send its players with less minutes in Polish Extraliga to Debica(04 Oct 2013)
New President for Polonia Bytom
After the General Assembly, Polonia Bytom announces Marek Stebnicki was elected as new club's President. Łukasz Wiejacha will be the Vice-President(26 Nov 2012)
KTH Krynica won´t play this season
Polish Ice Hockey Federation announces to have received a letter from the President of KTH Krynica Henryk Czarny, which informs the club won´t partecipate in Polaish Second Division this season(11 Sep 2012)
News from Polish Federation
In the first Board meeting after the elections, Polish Federation takes some decisions:
- National team headcoach Wiktor Pysz was fired and will be replaced with a foreign coach appointed in the next few weeks. Also Marian Pysz left his charge as head of national coaches, replaced by Tomasz Rutkowski.
- Wojciech Mądrala is the new referees coordinator
- The women prequalification tournament for Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics will be held at the end of September 2012 in Jastrzebie.
- In the season 2012/13 teams partecipating in Polish Hockey League can have six foreign players. In the First Division club can register 3 foreigners in next season and none in the following seasons.
- Season 2012/13 will begin on 9 September in Katowice, where GKS will face the Polish champion Sanok.
- Every team must allign minimum four youth players (five in First League) and maximum five players over 35 years
Piotr Halasik is the new President of Polish Federation
Sosnowiec businessman Piotr Halasik is the new President of Polish Hockey Federation. He was elected by the General Assembly with 45 votes. His opponent, Jacek Chadziński, received just 12 preferences. Main sponsor of team Zaglebie Sosnowiec and owner of company Energysteel, Halasik takes over from Zdzislaw Ingielewicz.
"This job is social work. I did not come here for the position and for the money. I came here to achieve success - said Halasik - I want hockey become the second team sport in Poland, as it was in the late 70th and 80"
Kazimierz Szynal, Adam Zięba, Mariusz Wołosz, Dawid Chwałka, Andrzej Skowroński, Marta Zawadzka and Piotr Demiańczuk will form the Board(26 May 2012)